Gear, Pump & Hydrostatic Drives / Powershift / Powertrain
SPRING COUPLINGS vs. DRIVE PLATES
Although not all applications require torsional compliance, Torsion Control Products' engineers will evaluate your application and determine if a spring coupling would provide an advantage over a conventional drive plate.
TCP has engineered and developed a comprehensive line of Spring Couplings used in a wide variety of powertrain applications. These devices offer the following advantages in most applications:
- Torsional vibration isolation
- Resonance isolation
- Overload and shock load protection
- Noise attenuation
- Improved bearing / gear life
- Increased system durability
Advantages of using Torsion Control Products' Spring Couplings:
- All steel construction for long life
- Lubricated and non-lubricated environments
- Low rate / long life couplings
- Temperature extremes do not affect performance or durability
- Performance can be optimized for a given application
- Multistage stiffness for optimized system tuning
- Controlled coulomb damping
- Drop-in replacement for original drive plates, no spaces required
- Integral shaft support capability eliminates the need for additional bearing support
Where dependability and performance are a requirement, Torsion Control Products' Spring Couplings are designed to meet your needs.
Typical Ratings: 20 to 20,000 lb-ft (27 to 27,000 N-m)
Typical Environment: Dry, Lubricated, Hot or Cold.
Performance: Consistent throughout the life of the product.
Long Life: Torsion Control Products couplings are designed to produce long life in any environment.
Proven Durability: In the roughest applications steel couplings continue to operate, continue to address driveline torsionals.
Tuning Capability: Torsion Control Products Spring Couplings are tuned for specific applications. Our engineers will perform a mass-elastic evaluation on your application and provide the performance that will serve you best.